Build a workplace where everyone belongs
Introducing the BoardEx Diversity Network
The BoardEx Diversity Network is a network that aims to highlight champions, allies and advocates of specific ethnicities in leadership roles. It comprises multiple networks of associations that represent a specific ethnicity – referred to as ethnicity association networks.
From six ethnicity association networks of Asian, Black, Latino, Middle East, Native American and Multiple Associations (a person belongs to more than one ethnicity association network), the BoardEx Diversity Network helps you surface:
- Over 25,000 executives, board members and senior managers with memberships across more than 3,500 ethnicity associations that actively champion ethnic diversity in various industries; and
- People who have received awards from organizations, recognizing their contribution to ethnic diversity in business, based on publicly available information.
How to use the BoardEx Diversity Network
- Pivot your diversity, equity and inclusion strategy with insights on competitor talent – the awards, achievements and membership of ethnicity associations of the board and leadership team – within your peer group
- Combine internal intelligence with information on the awards, achievements and membership of ethnicity associations of senior employees using your organization’s employee network to identify areas for action to balance diversity and representation.
- Use the ethnicity association networks for the latest insights on board and leadership diversity and knowledge of industries, functions, roles, and competitors to inform people and leadership strategies for your clients.
- Search for a representative talent pool that exceeds the client brief and enables corporates to improve board and leadership diversity.
- Benchmark talent, conduct peer analysis, and track people movements to advise clients on succession planning, board composition, diversity, non-board requirements and driving strategy for growth and innovation with exceptional talent.
- Identify candidates from a globally expanding database designed for searching by unique talent search criteria including diversity and inclusion.
- Research the backgrounds of preferred top talent as part of candidate due diligence with in-depth knowledge of the individual including their diversity associations and links.
- Help your clients identify current and future talent from a globally expanding database designed for searching by unique talent search criteria including diversity and inclusion e.g. gender, links to ethnicity association networks and experience – clubs, charities, and activities.
- Benchmark market position, conduct peer analysis, and track people including alumni movements around diversity to review, refine and reposition client relationship management, and bid and pitch strategies for growth and innovation to exceed client expectations.
- Recommend associations and affiliations to not-for-profit and other organizations that champion diversity for Partners and Managing Directors to join to deepen account relationship
- Research and analyze information on executives, board members and senior managers in leadership, diversity and networks and integrate with other data sources for thought leadership on talent.
- Complement academic studies and perform research on business leaders to understand diversity and inclusion in leadership, governance, compensation and networks.
- Use as an additional data point for business development, sales, marketing and fundraising – another relational data point – to connect with the person – as part of your enterprise relationship management strategy.
- Surface executives and board members of ethnicity associations who can help you access underrepresented groups through their links and associations to organizations that champion diversity.
- Research the diversity of leadership teams including backgrounds and specific governance structures for companies as part of ESG initiatives. BoardEx has information on executives’ Diversity Network affiliations along with gender and nationality information.
- Integrate leadership diversity data on companies for perspective on the culture of an organization with their diversity statement to inform investor or proxy voting decisions.
The BoardEx Diversity Network is now live, but this is just the beginning. By highlighting diversity data – initially focused in the US and UK – we hope to make it easier than ever before for our clients to drive change. We have three main goals for the BoardEx Diversity Network:
- Champion the efforts of diversity associations to help raise awareness for groups who are historically underrepresented.
- Enhance the ability of companies to discover and connect with talented leaders of truly diverse backgrounds to build leadership teams, C-suites and boards that reflect their customers and wider society.
- Empower professionals to analyze diversity trends for workplaces in order to create transparency and accountability around different diversity attributes.
We are committed to evolving and improving the feature, and you can get involved.
If you would like to fuel progress towards a more diverse, equitable and inclusive global workplace, please let us know.